Even if going to the sexual health clinic isn’t your favourite thing to do, it’s necessary to protect yourself and any sexual partners from STIs, even if you don’t feel sick or have any symptoms. It is true that for some people, illnesses like gonorrhoea and chlamydia don’t cause any symptoms. As a result, skipping these check-ups might lead to a worsening of your illness, which could have a long-term impact on your health.
What is the best time to visit a sexual health centre?
Your own or another person’s life may be saved if you don’t get regular check-ups for your sexual health. If you’re concerned about something, regular inspections might help set your mind at ease. Detecting and treating a problem as soon as possible reduces the likelihood of long-term problems. Search for ‘sexual health clinic near me’ for any of these reasons.
- You have never been tested at a sexual health clinic before.
- New people are in your life.
- You desire to start a family.
- During sex, something out of the ordinary or frightening occurred.
- You’ve been told that a prior partner of yours has a STI.
- You’ve engaged in unprotected intercourse with another person.
- You want to change the contraception method you are using.
- You’re showing signs of an illness.
- Possible signs of infection.
- Bleeding during or after intercourse.
- Sex-induced pain.
- Urinary or ejaculatory discomfort.
- Genital ulcers and blisters.
- Rashes and itching are two different things.
- Vaginal discharge that isn’t usual.
What are the dangers of delaying medical appointments?
There is a risk of transmitting sexually transmitted illnesses and STIs if you don’t have frequent screening. As a result, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) may not be diagnosed and treated as quickly as feasible, whereas frequent check-ups help you to preserve your sexual health. In both online and face-to-face testing, we highly urge people to come forward. Everyone has the right to healthy sex life, regardless of their age, and safe sex is essential for both you and your partner’s well-being.
Infections can cause a wide range of bodily symptoms in addition to the stress, anxiety, and strain on relationships that they might cause. Chlamydia can cause long-term pelvic organ damage, infertility, and brain or nerve damage, whereas syphilis can cause infertility and brain or nerve damage.
What are the advantages of routine medical examinations?
In terms of both personal health and interpersonal connections, regular check-ups provide several advantages:
- STIs are treatable if discovered and treated early on.
- Even if you don’t have any symptoms, you might get infected.
- It is possible to improve the level of trust and intimacy with one’s sexual partners.
- It’s easy to communicate openly.
- It’s a good idea to be tested before starting new relationships or having sex.
- As a result, you’ll feel comforted and better understand any symptoms you may be experiencing.
- You oversee your own health care decisions.
When it comes to sexual and relationship issues, confidential clinics are the best places to get answers and help.